Our History

Rosario Assisted Living’s history begins more than four decades ago when it first opened its doors as Anacortes Convalescent Center. Built in 1973, the facility at the time was a 119-bed Skilled Nursing Facility.

The original building received a complete retrofit in 2000, which downsized the facility to 44 beds, but with a brand new, adjacent 84-apartment Assisted Living complex. Upon completion of this construction, the campus was renamed Alliance Living Community.

Roe Family Facilities began operating the campus on December 16, 2004 under the leadership of Jim Roe, President of Roe Family Facilities, long-time healthcare professional and local businessman. Under the guidance of the medical community, Roe renamed the Skilled Nursing Facility portion of the campus Fidalgo Rehabilitation and the Assisted Living portion, Rosario Assisted Living. The decision to rename the campus was made to clarify and alleviate confusion regarding the two distinct services being provided; Fidalgo offering skilled nursing and short-term therapy, and Rosario, permanent assisted living.

Today, Rosario Assisted Living is one of two assisted living communities in Anacortes owned and operated by Roe Family Facilities; the other, San Juan Assisted Living, is located just six blocks away and was converted from a skilled nursing facility to assisted living in 2017.

Roe, a 4th generation Washingtonian, has resided in Anacortes with his two children since 2001 and has served on the Island Hospital Foundation Board, was President of Anacortes Youth Football and Anacortes Little League. Roe was also the first President of Summit Assistance Dogs and housed the organization at Rosario during its infancy.

Fidalgo Rehabilitation
1105 27th Street
Anacortes Washington 98221
360-293-3174 |